Client: East of England Co-operative Society
LPA: Ipswich Borough Council
The site is a former Co-op dairy depot which was already home to an existing retail park fronting Felixstowe Road. Various applications for the redevelopment of the site were submitted, and permission ultimately secured for:
- expansion of car parking area;
- demolition of underutilised, outdated and constrained retail units;
- expansion of the retail units;
- relocation of existing ALDI supermarket;
- provision of new retail and food outlets;
- provision of additional landscaping and improvements to the retail park public realm areas.
A series of variations to the permissions have also been approved in order to achieve greater flexibility of uses and specifically allowing for the inclusion of a gym and restaurant units.