Regeneration of St. Bartholomew’s Hospital site, Rochester
Client: MCR Property Group
LPA: Medway Council
Boyer was appointed as Architects to produce detailed design for a full application in support of regeneration at St. Barts Hospital site in Rochester. The project included rejuvenation one of the oldest functioning hospital in the UK addressing both the New Road and Star Hill to Sun Pier Conservation Areas. Our work included preparation of detailed design, multiple pre-applications and engagement with Design South East and submission of a full planning application for listed buildings including Main hospital and Water Tower and proposals for new residential apartment and mews houses within the wider site along with parking and landscaping.
The key facets of the project
- Residential conversion of the Victorian Main Building.
- Preservation of front facade • Reinterpretation and rehabilitation of rear facade.
- Conservation and adaptive reuse of Grade II Listed Late 18thC Water tower.
- New apartment building and multi level parking facility.
- New residential Mews Quarter.