Boyer has been successful in retaining its EIA Quality Mark accreditation
Boyer has been successful in retaining its EIA Quality Mark accreditation, passing each of the scheme’s six commitments.
The EIA Quality Mark is a voluntary scheme operated by Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA). It allows developers and consultancies which lead the co-ordination of statutory EIAs to make a commitment to excellence and have this commitment independently reviewed.
Alyson Jones, Director in Boyer’s Wokingham office, who co-ordinated the assessment, commented, ‘We are delighted to have retained our EIA Quality Mark accreditation. This is an important industry standard which shows that Boyer operates to the highest standards.'
‘Just 58 consultancies, along with The Environment Agency’s National Environmental Assessment Service are registered having achieved the EIA Quality Mark. This marks us out as being one of the top consultancies for environmental impact assessments in the country.’
The commitments that Boyer has met are as follows:
- EIA Management: We commit to using effective project control and management processes to deliver quality in the EIAs we co-ordinate and the Environmental Statements we produce.
- EIA Team Capabilities: We commit to ensuring that all our EIA staff have the opportunity to undertake regular and relevant continuing professional development.
- EIA Regulatory Compliance: We commit to delivering Environmental Statements that meet the requirements established within the appropriate UK EIA Regulations.
- EIA Context & Influence: We commit to ensuring that all EIAs we coordinate are effectively scoped and that we will transparently indicate how the EIA process, and any consultation undertaken, influenced the development proposed and any alternatives considered.
- EIA Content: We commit to undertaking assessments that include: a robust analysis of the relevant baseline; assessment and transparent evaluation of impact significance; and an effective description of measures designed to monitor and manage significant effects.
- EIA Presentation: We commit to deliver Environmental Statements that set out environmental information in a transparent and understandable manner.
- Improving EIA practice: We commit to enhance the profile of good quality EIA by working with IEMA to deliver a mutually agreed set of activities, on an annual basis, and by making appropriate examples of our work available to the wider EIA community.
Boyer will retain the accreditation until January 2025, when the consultancy will be reassessed.